Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Thing 9. Online Collaboration Tools

First, I had to request permission to edit in both GoogleDocs and Zoho. After I received permission, it was quite easy in google; I just had to sign in and it let me edit. Google also has a simple toolbar, which is nice. And you could see a list of all revisions made. In Zoho, it took me a minute to even find the document after I created an account and signed in. Once I found it, the tool bar had a lot more on it than Google. Many things I would probably never use for shared documents. So, my choice would probably be GoogleDocs just because of the simple toolbar. The librarians in my system have a shared account in GoogleDocs that we can use to collaborate. We had a project to work on and could use the template in GoogleDocs to do that if we wished. I started to use it for my section, but when I discovered that no one else had done anything in it, I stopped. I believe that the founding fathers would freak out with this technology which is somewhat more advanced than a quill and a bottle of ink. That is after they had heart attacks at viewing what had been done to their document. ;^)

No comments: