Saturday, March 15, 2008

Thing 14. LibraryThing

Just when I said I didn't want to sign up for one more thing, I signed up for an account on LibraryThing. Perhaps so that I could post a few of my favorites on my blog - I am not quite sure. I did want to add some titles so that I could try out the suggester and unsuggester. I wasn't too impressed with the suggester, even though I did write down one title that I want to check out. It could be that I didn't add too many books to my library. Or possibly that I didn't put any tags on the books I put in my library. Half of the books were about cancer, which I am sure is because I put "My Sister's Keeper" on the list. I loved that book, but don't want to read more books about people with cancer. The unsuggester did look like there wasn't a book on there that I would be interested in, though. I also did not like that when I picked a book with a certain cover it sometimes just added a plain brown cover. Reminds me of the old library binding.

I don't think I like the idea of LibraryThing for my library. However, we have been talking about cataloging the books we have at my church. It is a small collection and being able to link to it from the church's website would be ideal.

Oh. And the 'chiclet' that is supposed to link to my catalog? It actually works!

No comments: