Thursday, March 6, 2008

Thing 11. Tagging and Del.icio.us

I viewed the tutorial on Delicious. Then I went to the Minn23 account to look around. First of all, I don't like the way it is laid out. It is kind of plain and boring. It is also hard to read how many people have saved the bookmarks with the varying degree of pink highlighting. I like the idea of bookmarking so that you can find what you have saved anywhere and on any computer from which you have Internet access. If I save something at work and want to find it later, it is no problem. In our library system we already use social bookmarking, but we use Ma.gnolia. I like the layout of it better than Del.icio.us. it is easier to read. When you click on details, it has a thumbnail sketch of the web page you save and a list of others who have that page bookmarked. You can click on them to find out more about them and what else they have bookmarked. There is also a rating system from one to five stars. We collect websites and post them on the library page for students to use. They can link to Ma.gnolia using the tags for accounting, criminal justice, etc. There they can find some good websites without having to do their own Internet search.
I also put some tags on my blog. Okay, 2 of them - zoho and Flickr. I figured since I wrote about Flickr on several postings that it would be a good tag to use.

No comments: