Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Thing 12. Do you Digg?

No, again I say no.

I checked out each of the sites. I did like the layout of Digg the best. Reddit reminded me of the Del.ic.ious layout that I didn't like. Digg had the nicest explanation of how it works, too. I went to a news site to try and share it with both Digg and Reddit. However, in my first few attempts someone had already posted the story. When I finally found something that hadn't been posted, it required my having an account to post. Frankly, I don't want another account unless it is absolutely necessary.

I am interested in knowing how people have the time to do all of this gathering. It seems like it would take some time to go browsing the Internet looking for articles to add to one of these sites. As far as using this tool in my library, the only application I see for it is to keep up on the latest stories that the students may be viewing in case they want to talk/ask questions about it. I wouldn't use it in my personal life.

I confess that I did link to one of the websites that I saw on StumbleUpon. It was under the bizarre category. Those who know me know that I like my fiction somewhat sick and twisted, so I wanted to check out the bizarre category just to see what was on there.

No comments: