Friday, March 21, 2008

Thing 16. Student 2.0 Tools

What a great aid for students. I really appreciated the Research Project Calculator because it is more generic and doesn't take me to a library catalog that I can't access. There is so much information that the students can link to and it walks you through every step of the way. I think it is great that you can input the due date and it breaks everything down. That can make something that seems overwhelming at first doable. I also like the format option for essay, slide presentation or video. I also appreciate the support materials. I like the fact that they can be downloaded in PDF or Word.

The assignment calculator is nice, also. It has much in the way of help and resources. However, since it is the University of Minnesota, many of the links take you to the University's indexes and catalogs that you need an ID to access. I could see other academic libraries adapting the idea and making it work.

No comments: