Friday, March 21, 2008

Thing 15. Online Games and Libraries

As I stated in an earlier posting, I don't want much to do with Second Life. To me that is too much like work. Besides which, I have dial up access at home, so it wouldn't really work for me.So, for this Thing I went with the Puzzle Pirates. I read a little bit and then just went to it. I created my pirate and did some bilging and earned some money. And another pirate just gave me a red bandana for nothing. Hmm...what kind of bartering is that? Then I did some carpentry and earned a little more money and the title of sailor. With that job I guess I earned a pink bandana. I tried to interact with another pirate, but didn't get anywhere. I enjoyed playing the games, but need to work on the social aspect. I am so much of an introvert, that I would rather just play the games, even if it is virtual interaction. However, I will give it one more shot.

I know many people enjoy Second Life. I would rather just enjoy my real life. Yes, I can see a role for librarians in Second Life. I know some who do reference there. I guess that is a good thing for the virtual world. I just don't want to be the librarian who is doing it.

1 comment:

Captain Crone said...

I haven't ever been able to get into Second Life either but it is kind of neat that some librarians "work" there.

I really enjoyed your blog responses. It seems like you give every "thing" a try and you know what you are going to be able to use and what doesn't work for you. That's helpful for others to know!