Monday, April 7, 2008

Thing 22. What did I learn today?

Winding down.

I need to go back and complete one Thing that I skipped, but then I am about to wrap it up. A resolution to keep up my blog? Hmm.... This is a Library 2.0 blog. I enjoyed doing it and learned so many things. Once I finish all the Things, I am not sure it is the place to keep going. What would I write about? I would have to wait for some new technology to try out. Of course, that wait most likely would not be long. Yes, I know I can do it, that it was fun, and that I need to keep informed. I also know that it did take up a lot of my time. One thing I have discovered is that everything takes longer than I expect. Can I ask myself what I learned today? Absolutely. Will I blog about it? Possibly.

The best way to keep up for me is RSS feeds. I can read others' blogs about new things and go and try them out. The information comes to me and I don't need to go searching for it. Of course my aggregator can get pretty overwhelming when I haven't been on for a few days. I did read a blog the other day that said when you add a new feed, delete two. I have deleted one so far as I didn't appreciate all of the negativity on it. I will attend some webinars. I have been looking to see what is available.

I really enjoyed creating my own blog. It is fun to do all of the things I learned from this exercise. Not that too many people actually read my blog. Maybe I will have to create a different blog with a different theme. Something to think about anyway. I think blogs are a great thing for people who like to journal, which really isn't me. So, we'll see....

No comments: